Patented interlocking The Dovetail Difference® makes putting a kit together fast and easy and built to last with Old World Craftsmanship. It can be installed for you or it can easily install by yourself with the help of a friend. ShadeScape® kits are for decks, covered patios, poolside shade to whatever you dream of to fit for each unique landscape. They can be free-standing or attached to a home or business. Today’s featured ShadeScape® pergola kit was a project of Design Manager Mike Jenson for a backyard pool area that needed shade.
The pergola is equipped with integrated outdoor power, the TimberVolt® Inferno power post. Many people are intrigued as to how we drill a hole through the entire length of such a long post. The actual process is pretty fascinating and requires a great deal of skill from an experienced timber wright craftsman and requires highly specialized proprietary equipment to drill a hole through the entire length of a heavy timber post.
Features and Benefits of the TimberVolt® Series
• Aesthetically pleasing.
• Eliminates conduit, and/or nails.
• Eliminates unsightly and unsafe exposed wire.
• Eliminates the need to trench over power.
• Reduces the cost of, or even eliminates the need to hire an electrician.
• Eliminates the chance of damaging a post trying to add electrical wiring to a post after it’s installed.
• Your structure is ready to use the moment it installed no need to wait for someone to wire it up.
• You can add as many TimberVolt® posts as needed in various configurations.
The TimberVolt® Features:
- Recessed male plug with an upgraded weather cover
- One GFI plug for your protection with an upgraded weather cover
- One lower plug just above the GFI plug with two USB plugs in it
- One double switch (one for lights and one for fan) with upgraded weather cover half-way up the post.
- One upper TV plug with two USB plugs and upgraded weather cover.
- One separated plug on top of the post – one for lights and one for a fan. Both are on the double switch and have an upgraded weather cover.
8000 Series ShadeScape® Pergola Kit
Wood Type: Douglas Fir
Timber Size: 8000 Series
Stain: Canyon Grey
Beam Profile: Crescent Step
Knee Brace: Arched w/Keystone
Roof Size Dimensions: 12′ x 16′
Footprint Size Dimensions: 10′ x 14′
Overall Structure Height: 10′
Post Size: 8″
Btm of Support Beam Height: 8′
Hardware: 4 Knife Plates
Same-day PierBlock & Knife Plate