Solid cedar wood has a woody aroma that relaxing, soothing and comforting. The oil from Cedar is also a natural mosquito repellent. Its smell is pleasant for people, but unpleasant for moths and insects, which is why cedar has been the wood of choice to line hope and blanket chests particularly for heirloom fabrics.
For a timber frame pavilion, solid cedar wood is the choice for beauty that shows off the physical characteristics, charm, and warmth of real wood.
This is a solid cedar wood, 6000 Series 13′ x 22′ ShadeScape™ DIY pavilion kit installed in California. The DIY pavilion plan included a TimberVolt™ integrated power post.
DIY Pavilion Plan Specs for 6000 Series ShadeScape™ Cedar Wood Pavilion Kit
Post Size: 6×6
Roof Size: 13′ x 22′
Beam Profiles: Axis Step Style
Rafter Profiles: Axis Step Style
TimberVolt™ Power Post: Inferno Model
Pavilion Style: Freestanding
Gable Rafter: 3×12
Features for Integrated TimberVolt™ Inferno Power Post
1. Recessed male plug with an upgraded weather cover
2. One GFI plug for your protection with an upgraded weather cover
3. One lower plug just above the GFI plug with two USB plugs in it
4. One double switch (one for lights and one for fan) with upgraded weather cover half way up the post.
5. One upper TV plug with two USB plugs and upgraded weather cover.
6. One separated plug on top of the post – one for lights and one for a fan. Both are on the double switch and have a well designed weather cover.